There may be times when you need to change your display screen resolution in order for certain apps, websites, and testing platforms to work properly. Discover how to adjust these settings for a PC / Laptop (Windows device) or your CPS Chromebook.
Changing Your PC / Laptop Screen Resolution
- Right-click on your desktop screen. A small popup window appears.
- Click Display Settings in that window.
- This will open your display settings window.
- In Scale and Layout, be sure it is set to 100% under Change the size of text, apps, and other items.
- Under Display resolution, select the (Recommended) setting. If testing platforms and other instructional resources direct you to select a different resolution, select it from this drop-down menu.
Changing Your Chromebook Screen Resolution
- Log in and click the settings taskbar in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Click the gear icon.
- Next, click Device on the left side of the screen.
- Under Device, click Displays.
- Scroll down to Built-in display. Be sure your Display size is set to the default setting 100%. If testing platforms and other instructional resources direct you to select a different resolution, drag the sliding bar to select the resolution needed. Oftentimes, this may be the small (native) resolution.
Default 100% example:
Native "small" example: