My student has a personal Chromebook (not issued by CPS). In order to log in to the device, I need a google email address. Where do I find this email address and how do I access OneLogin?
You will need to use your student’s Chesapeake Public Schools G Suite address.
To find your student's G Suite / Google email address:
- Access your ParentVUE account.
- Once logged in, select Student Info.
- Scroll down to the field titled Email to find your student's email address.
Log in with your student's G Suite account:
- Log in to your Chromebook with the student's G Suite address and password.
- If you forgot their OneLogin information, visit this article for a student's OneLogin info.
- Once logged in, visit cpschools.onelogin.com to access OneLogin on any device not provided by CPS.
- Discover further instructions for setting up OneLogin on a personal device.
- Once logged in, the student can access their instructional resources such as Schoology, Google Drive, StudentVUE, etc.
If your personal Chromebook is already logged in with a personal Gmail account, here is how to add your child's G Suite address so that they can sign in and access their Chesapeake Public Schools account:
- Open up your browser and navigate to www.google.com.
- Select your Profile icon in the top right corner.
- Select Manage accounts on this device button.
- Select + Add Google Account button.
- At the Add another Google Account confirmation screen, click OK.
- Enter your student's G Suite address, click Next.
- Log in with your student's OneLogin info.
- Your student's account has now been successfully added. When asked to sign in with your student's G Suite address, it will now be listed to select.
- Navigate back to cpschools.onelogin.com to access instructional resources such as Schoology, Google Drive, etc.