Carrying Your Chromebook
- Use both hands when moving the Chromebook from one place to another and while it is in the open position. It is best practice to close your Chromebook lid when carrying it. This will minimize the chances of you dropping the Chromebook accidentally. We recommend you hug it if you have to.
- Lifting or carrying the Chromebook by the screen is NEVER recommended. Grabbing the Chromebook this way could break the screen or loosen the hinges. It is best practice to close your Chromebook before moving it and carrying it around.
- Gently hold the Chromebook (and while it is in its case) with light pressure, meaning do not squeeze it with forceful pressure as internal components and / or the screen could get damaged.
- When using the Chromebook case, carry it by the handle or shoulder straps to ensure proper handling when carrying it for the least likelihood of dropping it accidentally.
- If you need to transport your Chromebook back and forth to school, it is best practice to put it in your backpack. Ensure that heavy books or other heavier objects are not on top of or leaning against your Chromebook. Avoid throwing your backpack / carrying case or forcefully dropping it to the ground when you need to put it down somewhere.
Chromebook Carrying Cases
- The protective cases provided with the Chromebooks protect the devices for general everyday use.
It is recommended to store your Chromebook in the carrying case when you are not using it.
Make sure your Chromebook is fastened securely in place and the case is closed properly.
- If the Chromebook case gets lost or damaged, a replacement will be issued at cost to the user. Refer to your principal for further details. Replacement costs for technology are outlined in the Virtual Electronic Equipment Loan and Use Agreement.
Discover additional Best Tips for Chromebook Care.