Chesapeake Public Schools (CPS) provides a Chromebook, charger, and in some cases a wireless hotspot to CPS students for use during this academic school year. The device is to be used to support instruction and in accordance with the Student Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
Students are expected to use the CPS-issued device since they are configured to ensure access to all CPS instructional resources and as a division, we no longer need to supplement device access with BYOD devices. Students are responsible for charging their devices each evening for use at school daily. Chargers should be left at home. For more information on Chromebooks, please visit our Help Desk articles.
It is important that you read and understand your responsibilities associated with the loan and use of the CPS-issued device and agree to the terms stated below.
1. The device and accessories loaned under this agreement:
a. Are the property of Chesapeake Public Schools and shall be immediately returned to CPS upon any of the following conditions:
- The withdrawal or separation from the Chesapeake Public Schools.
- The termination of this agreement due to non-compliance.
- At the sole discretion of CPS but no later than the end of the instructional period or the current academic school year - whichever occurs first.
b. May only be used for school / educational activities and in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws, School Board policies and regulations, CPS Acceptable Telecommunications and Internet Use Policy (AUP), CPS Emergency Closure Electronic Device Loan and Use Agreement, and CPS Student Code of Conduct.
2. Student responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
a. The responsible, legitimate, and appropriate use and care of the device.
b. The immediate reporting to appropriate CPS authorities of any / all incidents of inappropriate electronic communications transmitted.
c. Taking reasonable steps to ensure the device:
- If functionality (on the device) changes, then notify CPS by email.
- Is stored in a secure space and is kept away from pets, young children, etc.
- Is only accessed by the student for school work and parent / guardian for oversight and compliance.
- Settings are not altered from the CPS-installed settings at the time of issuance.
- Internet content filtering software (installed by CPS in compliance with legal requirements) is not turned off, bypassed, or attempted to be bypassed.
3. In the event of theft, vandalism, malicious, or criminal acts, the parent / guardian must file a timely police report; the report must be provided via email to CPS and immediately upon receipt.
4. Upon notification of a damaged, defaced, lost, or stolen device or accessory, an assessment of circumstances and evaluation of equipment (if available) will be made, and the following fees may apply. If fees for repair and / or replacement are levied, they will be the responsibility of the parent / guardian; warranty coverage may affect fees:
|Device Replacement:||$250.00||Power Cord / Adapter / Charger:||$37.00|
|Case (if applicable):||$ 20.00||Other repairs:||$25.00-$45.00|