I don't currently have internet. Are there any low cost options available for internet access from home?
For families wishing to purchase internet, we would like to share information about two local, low-cost options. Both Cox Communications and Verizon have discounted plans available for families in our area and there may be other providers available as well, but these were the two that were advertised and available as a result of searching for providers in the Chesapeake area:
- Cox Connect2Compete
- Offers a low-cost high-speed option
- Can be self-installed / activated
- Details available on the Cox Connect2Compete Website.
- Verizon Lifeline
- Offers a low-cost product enabling families to get internet and wireless internet in their home.
- Details available at the Verizon Lifeline website.