Install Google Drive Resource App
The Google Drive Resource App in Schoology allows you to sync your Google Drive with Schoology. Below are steps to install the Google Drive Resource App:
- In Schoology, click on Resources. Then, click Apps on the left-hand side.
- Click Approve for the Drive Resource App Authorization.
- You should now see your Google Drive.
Reconnect Google Drive Assignments App
Sometimes errors occur for students when using the Google Assignments App. Students may see an error saying they don’t have access to the file. These errors can be resolved by logging out of the Google Drive Assignments App and logging back in.
1. Force Log Out
- Navigate to the Assignment (where they see My Documents).
- Click in the right-hand corner of the document.
- Click Connect to log into your Google Drive Account. This will launch a new window prompting you to log into your Google Drive.
- Once you are logged in, Schoology will automatically reload your assignment.
- Additionally, the teacher may need to reconnect their Google Drive as well.
For further details about why / when the Google Drive Resource App should be reconnected, visit this Schoology help article.
2. Enable Third-Party Cookies
- Go to Chrome settings by typing chrome://settings/cookies in the URL address bar.
- Click Privacy and Security.
- Select Cookies and other site data.
- Under general settings, select All all cookies.
3. Check Google Account Settings in Schoology
When a student attempts to submit a google assignment or the teacher attempts to open an assignment, they receive a message stating that they are not connected to their Google Drive or they do not have permission to open the document.
- Under Resources, select Apps.
- Select Google Drive Resource App from the left menu.
- Select Options, then Account Settings.
- Check the correct account is signed in. If not, log into the correct account. Be sure School Account is selected in the dropdown, then click Connect to reconnect Google Drive.
You may also need to do the following after completing the above steps.
- Reboot Chromebook.
- Ensure no other Google accounts are opened.
- Clear cache and cookies in Chrome browser.