How do I use and care for my Chromebook?
STUDENT CHROMEBOOK USE AND CARE
- Students in grades 4th - 12th will be responsible for charging their devices each evening for use at school daily. Chargers should be left at home.
Storing and Transporting Chromebooks
- Be sure Chromebook is stored in a safe place at home where it cannot be stepped on or knocked over.
- Chromebooks should remain in the case at all times.
- Students must transport the device securely fastened in the case provided. Students should carry the device by the handles or shoulder strap.
- Be sure nothing is placed in the case that could potentially damage the device.
- Students should always handle the Chromebook with clean hands, placed on a flat surface.
Proper Use of Chromebooks
- Avoid touching the screen with your fingers or any other object.
- Avoid placing anything on the keyboard, including paper and pencils between the screen and keyboard.
- Keep all foods, drinks, and pets away from the Chromebook.
- Do not push the screen back too far or pick up the Chromebook by the screen.
- Insert cords, cables, and removable storage devices (i.e. thumb drives) carefully.
- The CPS Chromebook is for your use only to support instruction. Keep your username and password safe!
- Decorating the Chromebook is not permitted; please ensure the asset tag remains on the device.
- If the Chromebook becomes damaged, lost, or stolen, please notify your teacher. Parents will be responsible for damages and will be assessed accordingly.
- Follow the approved cleaning instructions below.
- Moisten a microfiber cloth with a mixture of 70% isopropyl alcohol and 30% water. Do not use fibrous materials, such as paper towels or toilet paper.
- The cloth should be moist, but not dripping wet.
- Isopropyl alcohol is sold in most stores, usually in a 70% Isopropyl Alcohol and 30% Water solution. It may also be marketed as rubbing alcohol.
- Do not spray any liquids directly onto the product.
- Use under adult supervision.