How do I reset my OneLogin Protect when I get a new cell phone? It no longer sends me notifications for me to authenticate.
When you get a new cell phone, you will find that you will no longer receive notifications when asked during the login process to authenticate through your OneLogin Protect app.
In order to continue using the OneLogin Protect app as your MFA, you must have it reset so that it can be synced with your new cell phone.
- Submit a request letting us know that you have a new phone and need your OneLogin Protect multi-factor security authentication (MFA) reset.
- However, if you have set up your OneLogin Security Questions as an additional security factor, you may be able to reset this on your own.
Your MFA will then be reset. The next time you log in, you may need to complete the following steps:
- Uninstall the OneLogin Protect app from your phone, then re-install the app.
- You will need your phone and a computer to continue with the next steps when asked to scan a QR code or manually enter a code during setup.
- Follow the instructions based on your device:
- Alternatively, you can also log in to OneLogin and set up your security questions first should you have difficulty during the initial setup process of the OneLogin Protect app. This can also be set as a secondary / backup MFA.
Discover more information in our MFA FAQs.