Email and text message notifications differ from the Notifications menu (bell icon) located in the top menu bar of Schoology. The notifications listed under this bell icon are not customizable. These notifications provide a running list of academic actions relating to your account only (not your child's account if you are using a parent account).
As a parent, you can elect to receive two different email alerts about your child's activity in Schoology: Parent Email Digest and Overdue Submissions Email.
Email Notification Settings as a Parent
- Log in to your Schoology parent account at https://app.schoology.com/login.
- Click the drop-down arrow and select your child's name on the top right side of Schoology to set up to receive notifications for that child. Then, click on Settings. Repeat the following process for each child you would like to receive notifications about.
- Select the Notifications tab.
- Edit the settings to your desired preferences. Click Save Changes
Discover more details about what kind of information is included in these parent email notifications from the Schoology Help Center.
Can Parent Receive Same Notifications as Child?
If you'd like to receive the same notifications that your child receives, it is recommended to add your [parent] email address or phone number to your child's Notifications area. Your child must be signed in to their Schoology account to apply this change, NOT from your parent Schoology account.
To add a phone number:
- Visit this section about how to set up text notifications (parent must be logged into child's Schoology account to apply this change).
To add an alternative email address:
Log into your child's Schoology account.
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to their name and select Settings.
- Select Account Settings tab and then enter your parent email into the Alternate Email box.
- Click on Save Changes.