Email and text message notifications differ from the Notifications menu (bell icon) located in the top menu bar of Schoology. The notifications listed under this bell icon are not customizable. These notifications provide a running list of academic actions relating to your account only (not your child's account if you are using a parent account).
As a parent, you can elect to receive two different email alerts about your child's activity in Schoology: Parent Email Digest and Overdue Submissions Email.
Parent Email Notification Settings
- Log in to your Schoology parent account at https://app.schoology.com/login.
- Follow these instructions from PowerSchool Schoology Learning Support about how to set up your email alerts and what information is included in these alerts.
- Repeat for each child you would like to receive email alerts.
Can Parent Receive Same Notifications as Child?
If you'd like to receive the same notifications that your child receives, it is recommended to add your [parent] email address or phone number to your child's Notifications area. Your child must be signed in to their Schoology account to apply this change (NOT done from your parent Schoology account).
To add a phone number:
- Visit this section about how to set up text notifications (parent must be logged in to child's Schoology account to apply this change).
To add an alternative email address:
Have student log in to their Schoology account.
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to their name and select Settings.
- Select Account Settings tab and then enter your parent email into the Alternate Email box. Click on Save Changes.
For additional parent account information, please visit: