Chesapeake Public Schools is committed to providing a safe and secure digital environment for all students, faculty, and staff. In accordance with state guidelines, the school district has developed an Acceptable Use Policy for students and staff, implemented data and network security procedures, provides professional development for district faculty and staff, and integrates the teaching of internet safety skills into our K-12 curriculum.
The following links are being shared here for all school community members to locate helpful resources to help educate students in all grade levels. As new technologies emerge it is imperative to stay current with your knowledge of internet safety; having a single conversation with your student or child is not good enough. Since technology is constantly changing, best practices that come along with using the internet are also changing.
- Common Sense Internet Safety
- Common Sense Learning with Technology
- Cyberbullying Digital Awareness for Parents
- Family Online Safety Institute
- FBI Scams and Safety: On the Internet Safety Tips
- Federal Trade Commission OnGuard Online
- Google’s Be Internet Awesome
- Social Media Test Drive
- Virginia Department of Education Internet Safety
Students can enjoy fun and engaging games focused on concepts surrounding Internet Safety and Digital Citizenship: Internet Safety Games for Students