Chesapeake Public Schools is committed to providing a safe and secure digital environment for all students, faculty, and staff. In accordance with state guidelines, the school district has developed an Acceptable Use Policy for students and staff, implemented data and network security procedures, provides professional development for district faculty and staff, and integrates the teaching of internet safety skills into our K-12 curriculum.
This page was designed for all members of the school community to locate helpful resources to help educate students in all grade levels. As new technologies emerge it is imperative to stay current with your knowledge of internet safety; having a single conversation with your student or child is not good enough. Since technology is constantly changing, best practices that come along with using the internet are also changing.
- Family Online Safety Institute
- FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- Google’s Be Internet Awesome - Digital Safety Resources for Families
- NetSmartz for Parents & Educators
- Social Media Test Drive
- StopBullying.gov - Cyberbullying Digital Awareness for Parents
- Virginia Department of Education Internet Safety
Common Sense Education Website
- Everything You Need to Teach Digital Citizenship
- How can I keep my private data safe and secure?
- Parenting, Media, and Everything in Between
Get Safe Online Website
Students can also enjoy fun and engaging games focused on concepts surrounding Internet Safety and Digital Citizenship.