Students should follow these reminders for proper use and care of their CPS Chromebook device.
Students in grades 4th - 12th will be responsible for charging their devices each evening for use at school daily. Chargers should be left at home.
Learn more best practices about Chromebook Charging & Power Issues.
Storing & Transporting Chromebooks
- Store Chromebook in a safe place at home where it cannot be stepped on or knocked over.
- Chromebooks should remain in the case at all times.
- Students must transport the device securely fastened in the case provided and carry it by the handles or shoulder strap.
- Be sure nothing is placed in the case that could potentially damage the device.
- Students should always handle the Chromebook with clean hands and placed on a flat surface.
Learn more best practices about Chromebook Handling and Protective Cases.
Proper Use of Chromebooks
- Avoid touching the screen with your fingers or any other object.
- Avoid placing anything on the keyboard, including paper and pencils between the screen and keyboard.
- Keep all foods, drinks, and pets away from the Chromebook.
- Avoid pushing the screen back too far or picking up the Chromebook by the screen.
- Insert cords, cables, and removable storage devices (i.e. thumb drives) carefully.
- The CPS Chromebook is for your use only to support instruction. Keep your username and password safe!
- Decorating the Chromebook is not permitted; please ensure the asset tag remains on the device.
- If the Chromebook becomes damaged, lost, or stolen, please notify your teacher. Parents will be responsible for damages and will be assessed accordingly.
Learn more best practices about Chromebook Care.
- Moisten a microfiber cloth with a mixture of 70% isopropyl alcohol and 30% water. Isopropyl alcohol is sold in most stores. It may also be marketed as rubbing alcohol.
Do not use fibrous materials, such as paper towels or toilet paper. The cloth should be moist, but not dripping wet.
- Do not spray any liquids directly onto the device.
- Use under adult supervision.
Learn more best practices about Chromebook Screen & Cleaning.
Discover additional Best Tips for Chromebook Care.