Skip to main content
Student Google Meet Expectations
Connecting Through Google Meet: Student Expectations
- We agree to be good digital citizens by following these rules when having class meetings online.
- Chesapeake Public Schools Student Conduct Policy Guidelines are in effect during all video conferencing sessions.
- Get permission before you log on.
- Use your own CPS Google login.
- Protect your password by not sharing it with others.
- Protect your class link by not sharing it with others.
- Participate in class meetings only if you are invited. No one else should be on camera unless your teacher says it is okay.
- Follow school rules for using computers.
- Don’t take photos or screenshots or record videos during the meeting.
- Raise your hand if you want to talk and your teacher will call on you.
- Ask questions about what you are learning.
- Stay focused during class.
- Be kind and respectful to others.
- Nod or give a thumbs up to show you understand.
- Mute your microphone unless you are talking.
- Wear clothes that would be appropriate for school.
- Pause your video if you have to step away from your computer.
- Check your technology before the meeting begins.
- Pick a quiet spot and let others around you know you are in a meeting.
- Have your materials beside you before the meeting begins.
- Look around you. Make sure anything on video is something that can be seen by others.
- Log in on time.
- Do your best to use correct spelling and grammar in the chatbox to ask questions and share ideas.
- Have paper and pencil with you in case you need to write things down.
- Ask your teacher for one-on-one help if you don’t understand something.
- Use headphones if you have them.