If you begin to notice that:
- your emails are not always sending
- you can't download files
- your Chromebook or websites are just acting odd
- you are getting error messages (request blocked, access denied, filtering errors, etc)
Then, you may need to do a little housekeeping with your cache, cookies, and browsing history as the first step in troubleshooting most issues when connecting to the network, internet, sites, etc.
Open up Google Chrome browser. , click the 3 dots icon in the top right corner, and select Settings.
Select Privacy and security. Then, select Clear browsing data.
Under the Basic tab, select what you would like to clear:
- Select the Time Range (for example: All time).
- Select Cached images and files to clear space on your device.
- You can also select the Browsing history and Clear cookies and other site data boxes if you find you are still having other issues. Note: It is important to also clear out cookies, which may often solve your issue.
- Click the Clear Data button.
- Close out your Google Chrome browser.
Next, make sure your Chrome browser is up to date:
You may also need to allow cookies.
If you find things are still not working properly, try completely shutting down and restart your Chromebook / computer to ensure your changes take effect.