Millions of spam and phishing emails are sent every day! The best way to address spam and phishing attempts is to stay alert. Be mindful of unsolicited “EXTERNAL” emails in your CPS inbox.
Some key things to watch out for are:
- unsolicited requests to confirm personal information
- links to make payments within an email
- misspelled words or unusual characters
- and emails claiming there’s a problem with an account.
Most importantly, do NOT respond to, open attachments, or click on any link within an email you were not expecting to receive. Always confirm the validity of the sender prior to opening an attachment or clicking any link.
If you receive an email that you feel may be spam or a phishing attempt, you can report the email directly from your inbox. The CPS Help Desk has several helpful articles about spam and phishing.
- How to Report Spam in Your Gmail Account
- Recognize Phishing Attempts in Your Email Account
- Someone Sent an Email from My Email Address
And if you’re still in doubt, reach out to the CPS Help Desk. One of our Support team members will be happy to assist you!